Monday, June 6, 2011

Today's Message

Todays message came as I was preparing for service, I didn't want to go I felt like I was in the garden of Gethsemane. Gethsemane the place the Master teacher Jesus of Nazareth attended often to pray, also the place he surrendered himself to fulfill his promised purpose. As I felt the need to press my way the spirit helped me to understand the job of one who knows his/hers purpose and what it takes for that to come to fruition. Gethsemane means oil press it was in the same location as the Mount of Olives, which was a mountain filled with olive trees. How convenient for an oil press. As Jesus time drew near, he wasn't ready to give up his new life.  He had become use to his earthly mother, new friends, enjoying helping people, feeling appreciated and needed. Now it was time to go. You know the story, he didn't want to drink out of the cup that was presented to him, the cup he agreed to. There is an ancient tradition where mothers would take part in a hearing ceremony. The child in the womb would be asked a question why are you coming hear? what are you going to be? The child through the spirit of the mother would answer. It would be then up to the community to help the child achieve its purpose. Jesus knew what he was about to go through just like an olive. To get the precise oil of an olive it had to go through a press, first be bruised or trampled on then strained. Thats called virgin oil. but there is more oil in that olive then it goes through a press to get all it can, to make it bone dry. That becomes the oil you use everyday. Jesus was bruised and pressed not by his will but by the Most High God. He knew his purpose. Do you know yours? I pressed my way out this morning to do what I promised and purposed to do. What a powerful message just think if I would have missed it. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment